This position is responsible for designing, engineering, and managing gas system construction projects, including complex gas delivery system projects. The position provides designs for service to new customers and expansion/upgrade of existing gas main and facilities. The position coordinates with internal groups and external agencies as part of providing service and installing new facilities. The position also provides operations support services including periodic on-call, contingency event support, and equipment damage/failure.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and manage gas delivery system projects in the company’s gas work plan including new service projects, main extensions, main relays and relocations, and discrete installations such as regulator stations, bridge/highway, waterway crossings, and valve installations. In most instances, the position will perform the duties of both the design engineer and or project manager.
- Provide quality designs that the construction group can utilize to build the specified facilities and that the mapping group can use to maintain the integrity of our maps and records.
- Manage the securing of permits and licenses, and municipal/governmental requirements to complete designs and undertake the project.
- Ensure that the technical requirements of the design are met including system pressure, flow, and operating requirements.
- Assist in analyzing system pressure and operating parameters such as leak history.
- Apply company construction and maintenance standards and federal, state, and industry codes to designs.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for the proposed work and secure approval for the project through required documentation.
- Ensure that adequate construction records and documentation are obtained as part of the project and retained accordingly.
- Provide periodic off-hours/on-call support for the engineering group as well as support during storms and system contingencies including support of the gas business in NH.
- Participate in customer and municipal, regulatory, and government meetings as the Company’s Gas Project Engineering Representative.
- Support the engineering and operations groups through other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with minimum of 5 years of experience in gas system design, project management, and operations support.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and/or Project Management Professional in NH is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills. Motivated, self-starter with ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity with work management systems software and Excel.
- Experience in estimating gas project scope, costs, scheduling, and quality
- Knowledge of gas system equipment, operations, and control systems
- Knowledge of gas utility infrastructure maps, records, and documents.
- Knowledge of gas construction standards and industry codes
- Familiarity with good utility practice and business management including regulatory and compliance requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.