|Department:||Engineering & Technical Services|
- Engineer and design the Electrical Distribution System, utilizing cost effective methods.
- Provide quality designs that the construction group can utilize to build the specified facilities and that the mapping group can use to maintain the integrity of our maps and records.
- Assist with the securing of permits and licenses, and municipal/governmental requirements to complete designs and undertake the project.
- Ensure that the technical requirements of the design are met including system voltage, current, operating requirements, Company and Industry Standards.
- Monitor construction for adherence to design, scope, and budget.
- Provide technical support to operate and maintain the electrical system.
- Provide off-hours support, including rotating "on-call" responsibilities, in response to service outages, system contingencies, and storms.
- Identify existing and potential problems, research and recommend solutions.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Perform fieldwork associated with assigned jobs.
- Support the engineering and operations groups through other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology degree from an ABET accredited engineering school with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Electric Utility Industry
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity with work management systems software and Excel.
- Knowledge of power system operations and protection systems
- Knowledge of electric utility equipment and its functions and applications.
- Knowledge of electric utility infrastructure maps, records, and documents.
- Familiarity with good utility practice and business management including regulatory requirements desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.