|Title:||Senior Analyst, Regulatory Affairs|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Rates and Regulatory Affairs and provides analytical work of moderate complexity in support of regulatory proceedings and decisions. The position will be involved in or responsible for developing and maintaining revenue requirements and cost recovery models; preparing and administering advice letters, applications and tariffs; compiling revenues, sales and general business statistics for compliance reporting ; conducting research; and supporting the general rate case management process.
- Prepare and support all regulatory filings which includes developing and maintaining complex excel models
- Prepare expert witness testimony, exhibits, workpapers and discovery responses
- Implement regulatory decisions
- Assist in evaluating and developing recommendations on cost recovery, rate making, customer programs and electric rate issues
- Compile company operating statistics for internal and external distribution
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus in Finance or Economics or Engineering.
- Master’s degree or CPA designation a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in regulatory compliance; testifying experience a plus.
- Skilled knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Moderate to expert understanding of revenue requirement and cost recovery programs.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report complex information.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- General understanding of databases and relational data hierarchy.
- Ability to learn new processes and create desk procedures to implement the process.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Dynamic team player that also works well independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with SAS, SQL or other report writing software a plus.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer