|Title:||Field Maintenance Technician- Solar|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Location:||Great Bay, MD|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What’s in it for you?
This 12 month contract has the potential of becoming a permanent position.
You will be exposed to numerous photovoltaic (“PV”) solar module arrays which are broken up into four (4) distinct sites with a total land area of ~430 acres
You will have an opportunity to further develop your technical skills while utilizing your customer centric attitude and safety focused mindset
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
You will be supporting the grounds management program and environmental programs, while also assisting with the electrical infrastructure of the facility.
We need you to:
- Perform vegetation management activities both manual and mechanical
- Monitor, inspect and record site conditions per the storm water management program and the LPCo Great Bay Solar environmental site procedure.
- Provide assistance to Plant Manager during routine (monthly, quarterly, and annual) inspections and condition assessments of electrical and mechanical facility equipment and systems.
- Perform job safety analysis prior to each task
- Assist the Plant Manager with inventory control and movement of material on/off site.
- Champion the company’s safety policy by adhering to it and supporting other companies by sharing it and its values.
- Troubleshoot and assist with minor repairs within the Solar sites with supervision.
- Assist with monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections of facility and its equipment along with supervision.
- Civil and Vegetation Management activities
- Assist with Annual and Semi-Annual Inverter Inspections
- Perform NPDES Inspections
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- 3-5 years of commercial or industrial grounds maintenance experience
- Ability to operate vegetation maintenance equipment including tractors, riding mowers, and other equipment.
- Electrical and mechanical capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about customer service and safety
- A motivated team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer