|Title:||Electrical Site Quality Inspector|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Department:||Community, Permitting & Land|
|Location:||Amherst Island, ON|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
The Electrical Site Quality Inspector supports the Algonquin's Business Development business unit by providing on site management of electrical construction activities during development and construction of wind and solar farms to ensure "on-time", "on-budget"and "on-quality" completion of construction projects.
The Electrical Site Quality Inspector works under the direction of the Site Manager. Day-to-day activities primarily include monitoring of the general contractor's electrical construction work. Monitoring shall include the following:
- Quality of the workmanship applied to the electrical construction activities,
- Compliance of the electrical construction work in accordance with the design drawings and specifications, as well as local codes and regulations,
- Public and worker safety as it relates to the electrical construction work,
- Progress of the electrical construction work as it relates to the overall project schedule of the general contractor, and as it relates to the Owner's schedule.
- Managing, supervising, coordinating any electrical construction work which may fall outside the scope of work of the general contractor as detailed in the Construction Agreement (i.e. SCADA, provision of temporary construction site power up to the distribution panel which is provided by the general contractor, testing and commissioning)
Monitoring of electrical construction work by the general contractor including the following:
- Underground AC collector system including fiber splices and connections,
- Inspection of island substation and mainland switching station electrical arrangements,
- Electrical connection of all CT/VT and control cable at island substation and mainland switching station,
- Placement and connection of protection and control house,
- Inspection of overhead 115kV transmission line including fiber connections,
- Inspection of MET towers and equipment,
- Inspect Algonquin supplied equipment (main power transformer),
- Installation of grounding grids, bonding, grounding.
- Ensure compliance with Construction Agreement as it relates to electrical construction work.
- Ensure compliance with general contractor's site safety plan, as well as Algonquin's "Contractor Care Custody and Control"plan for the project.
- Lead daily status meetings.
The Electrical Site Quality Inspector will act as the senior electrical Algonquin representative on site on a day-to-day basis.
- The Electrical Site Quality Inspector will lead the construction process for Algonquin including chairing safety meetings, attending weekly safety conference call meetings, enforcing processes and procedures and ensuring work activities comply with company standards, OHSA and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Project Manager retains approval authority over Change Orders and Change Directives, as these are articulated in the Construction Agreement with the general contractor.
- 5-10 years of relatable experience
- Ability to travel to job site
- Broad knowledge of the various electrical construction techniques, regulations, and technology involved in the work
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.