|Title:||Investor Relations & Communications Specialist|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: This role is a 15-18 month Contract position
The role focuses on enhancing the Company’s position in the market through supporting the investor relations plan and accompanying duties. The role will also develop and lead the planning and execution of external communication initiatives for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (APUC) and its two subsidiaries, Liberty Utilities and Algonquin Power Co. (APCo) to build and reinforce their strategic vision and brand values.
Investor Relations Duties:
- Assist in the development and support of the company Investor Relations plan
- Assist in the development of investor-related materials including the production of the annual and quarterly reports, investor presentations, marketing meeting materials and other investor relations materials as deemed appropriate
- Support the creation of press releases and fact sheets
- Assist in setting up investor meeting schedules with both debt and equity investors
- Monitor analyst reports and maintain current on industry trends
- Organize, plan and manage events, including an annual investor day
- Complete regulatory filings on SEDAR, SEDI, and EDGAR for the public entity and company
- Contribute to the company’s corporate social responsibility reporting initiative through writing and contributing to data gathering
- Ensure effective communications to enhance perceptions of the corporation among a broad range of stakeholders.
- Other investor relations activities as required
- Development and implementation of external communications plans that address target audiences using various communication channels
- Assist in management of external website for APUC and APCo, and provide input and expertise to the Liberty Utilities website. Activities could include content development, new features, and writing/editing articles.
- Provide communication support during acquisition processes and assist local business units to ensure quality and brand adherence in all acquisition-related communications
- Oversight and management of APUC’s crisis communications plan, ensuring ongoing implementation and training occurs across all business units
- Contribute to the development of a social media strategy and contribute to written and visual content to strengthen the organization’s profile.
- Provide communications support for business priorities by developing presentations, executive notes, web articles, and speaking remarks
- Additional responsibilities as determined by project requirements.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in investor relations/corporate communications
- Savvy communicator; understands the change management/navigation process for mapping stakeholder requirements and communication planning into series of effective communication strategies and tools
- Innovative and creative; demonstrated experience in developing effective communication tools
- Excellent communication skills, with emphasis on writing abilities
- Experience with SEDAR, SEDI and EDGAR filing an asset
- Skilled Microsoft Office user with emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Publisher
- Excellent understanding of social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and blogs
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with graphic design or video production is an asset
- Bilingual French an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.