|Title:||IT Application Developer|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
The Empire District Electric Company - a Liberty Utilities Company, has an opening for an IT Application Developer at its Joplin, MO headquarters. This position is responsible for the Company's IT Application Systems including design, development, implementation, training and maintenance of the Company's Java source code. The position holder will be expected to analyze system issues and client requirements and to deliver well-designed, testable and efficient code. We are seeking a self-starter with excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Assist with Java software development including analyzing, design, documentation, development, and testing of high quality software utilizing the Company's established SOX compliant methods while meeting our client's needs. Should be able to work independently and within a team as needed.
- Respond to disruptions of production systems in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Develop proficiency in computer hardware and software technologies currently used by assigned systems.
- Assure accurate and timely completion of assigned client requests by developing and following a detailed work schedule and meeting completion dates. This includes non-traditional 8-5 work hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Develop an understanding of Company structure, federal and state regulations and work procedures of departments affected by assigned systems.
- Must have a BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT experience.
- Required skills include Java on a Windows platform with knowledge of Oracle databases and Crystal Reports. Eclipse is a plus.
- Must have the ability to multitask and to adjust to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- May be required to assist on non-Java systems as needed by IT Management.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative