|Title:||Senior Analyst, Business Development|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Department:||Project Development & Construction|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1,500+ MW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Assisting in the day to day operations of the Business Development group of our corporate office. The role of the Senior Analyst will center on constructing and updating financial models to support development projects and acquisitions.
• Prepare detailed financial models for proposed development projects
• Provide financial analysis required to support project and equipment acquisitions
• Recommend modeling strategies based on current industry practices
• Clearly document all major assumptions contained in financial models
• Perform all tasks in a timely and accurate manner
• Must be able to prepare reliable financial models which will form the basis for major (minimum $25 million) strategic decisions.
• Provide custom reports as required
• Maintain current knowledge of implications of international tax and tax equity for the US and Canadian markets
• Work with Corporate Tax group to model International tax implications
• Review and analyze financial reporting
• Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value in existing methods; make better as part of day-to-day activities
• Liaise with finance group on a regular basis to track operating and capital expenses in accordance with budget
• Utilize strong communication skills collect and document information from Algonquin team members and third party partners to support key assumptions
• Liaise with treasury group to ensure appropriate capital planning
• Defend analytical work directly to the departmental VP, and C Suite
• Work with asset management group as projects mature into operation
• University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Must have experience in financial modeling, forecasting, valuation and layering in project finance structures
• Minimum of three years of experience in a financial role ideally with professional finance designation or equivalent work experience
• Strong financial modeling skills
• 2-3 years of experience in energy or utility project related finance an asset
• Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Bilingual in Spanish would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer