|Title:||Environmental Health & Safety Manager|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
|Department:||Environmental, Health & Safety|
Liberty Utilities (formerly Empire Electric District Company) is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. The generation group owns a portfolio of North American based wind, solar, hydro electric and natural gas powered generating facilities representing more than 1,800 MW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: Coordinate and maintain Liberty Utilities safety program through training, establishment of safe work practices, coordination of and presentation of safety meetings, and on site inspections. Oversee company's Commercial Operations, Telecommunications and Transporation compliance with OSHA, DOT, PSC, and various federal and state rules and regulations and all required certifications. Provide safety awareness training to other workgroups as needed. Coordinate with and assist Commercial Operations Line Services Trainer as needed. Shall have a basic understanding of the EHS Gas, Water, and Energy Supply accountabilities.
- Provide maximum accident prevention awareness for all employees by coordinating and/or conducting safety training and regulatory required training, and presenting a positive image of Liberty Utilities commitment to each employee's safety.
- Direct Liberty Utilities compliance with OSHA, DOT, PSC, and various federal and state rules and regulations by possessing and maintaining competency on existing and new regulations and monitoring internal sfety activities.
- Review and analyze current Liberty Utilities safety procedures, practices and equipment to ensure continuous Company Safety Program improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct first aid and response associated training of appropriate Liberty Utilities personnel to maximize emergency response to accidents and maintain compliance.
- Contribute to maximum accident avoidance by deveoping new safety practices, procedures, and/or equipment based on detailed investigation/analysis of all near-miss and minor injury accident and hazard identification.
- Provide an open channel of communication between employees and management through customer focus, teamwork, and leadership to ensure the continued improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Conduct and coordinate analysis of serious accidents to ensure future avoidance, regulatory compliance, and liability minimization.
- BS degree in Safety, Health or task-related field is preferred or equivalent field experience with a knowledge of individual job site responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to develop competent understanding of OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Must be able to complete certified instructor training for First Aid, CPR, AED and resuscitation
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer