Line Worker - First Class
|Title:||Line Worker - First Class|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
- Perform all duties of a Lineworker 1/C and/or Single Person Worker duties.
- May be required to handle substances considered hazardous.
- Follow all Liberty Utilities environmental policies.
- Will be required to fill in as a Troubleshooter position.
- Occasionally direct and train overhead line crew personnel.
- Maintain various records and procure all stock as needed
- Install and remove common meters on single- phase services as required.
- Contribute to crew productivity, safety, and knowledge of the job.
- Be capable to act as Field Control Authority and assume responsibility for Red Tags
- Be proficient as a Lineworker 1/C as demonstrated by proficiency, testing and past performance appraisals.
- Successful completion of the Field Aptitude Test
- Be thoroughly familiar with all Safety Standards.
- Retain appropriate qualifications on the Liberty Utilities Switching and Tagging list.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all Construction, Operating, and Maintenance Standards, and Safety Standards and Procedures.
- Be proficient with the use of electronic devices and maintain various records, reports, and forms regarding payroll, materials used, and condition of plant, tools, and equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly operate vehicles, tools, and equipment assigned to the department.
- Furnish an acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
- Retain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
- Must maintain a DOT health certificate and a System hoisting certificate
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.