|Title:||Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management|
|Department:||Enterprise Risk, Compliance & Insurance|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: This high visibility role involves working with and supporting all business groups and functions at all levels (with oversight and support from the Director, ERM) to implement, monitor and improve the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program. This role presents a unique opportunity to work with employees and management at all levels to proactively identify opportunities, mitigate downside exposure, and enhance business reliability, resiliency, and sustainability, overall. The role will also support other key initiatives, as assigned, including the ongoing implementation/maintenance of the Company’s Crisis Management and Business Continuity Programs.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage key stakeholders and support the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM function’s key initiatives (presenting project to senior leaders, training project teams / employees, working with virtual teams, holding project teams accountable to deadlines, etc.).
- Responsible for regular (at least quarterly) progress reporting to stakeholders, making recommendations to support continuous improvement, and collaborating with business groups and functions to tailor the application of ERM principles and tools to optimize business unit results.
- Support the facilitation of risk awareness, risk identification and risk assessment processes across the organization by giving presentations, creating content for internal distribution, participating in on-site visits, attending industry events, and designing and/or implementing tools/employee programs to better report on, mitigate, and monitor risks.
- Active monitoring of current and emerging risks within the internal and external environment in collaboration with APUC's risk stakeholders (risk owners, risk control owners, risk treatment plan owners, etc., executive team, board of directors, etc.). In depth analysis to identify and make recommendations regarding interrelated/correlated/shared risks.
- Design and preparation of regular enterprise risk management / risk profile reports (at least quarterly). Work with risk stakeholders to ensure business unit risk reports and risk identification, mitigation, and monitoring meet quality expectations and program standards.
- Design and preparation of risk models
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experiences
- Enterprise risk management certification and business continuity management certification preferred.
- Enthusiasm, capacity, and willingness to expand general business knowledge (finance, legal, HR, IT, etc.) through informal and formal means is necessary for long term success in this role.
- High level of competency utilizing Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- International Travelling is required (must be willing and legally able).
- A valid 'G' driver's license is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer