|Title:||Customer Service Rep-Contact Center - Joplin, MO|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Responsible for the efficient, courteous response to all types of service requests and inquiries. Position holder must initiate, coordinate, analyze or respond to any customer request and follow up with appropriate departments to insure customer service and satisfaction while using good business judgment to protect Company interest and reputation. Responsible for communications between customers and line personnel as needed to coordinate customer service functions. Available to work in outage situations as needed.
- Develop the ability to process customer contacts promptly and respond in a courteous, professional, timely manner to evaluate, advise, and expedite requests to serve customer needs.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures. Assure compliane with all administrative agencies, while insuring maximum financial return
- Develop the ability to review and resolve delinquent accounts. Assist customers in making acceptable payment arrangements.
- Respond to customer emergencies and serve as communication link between field operations personnel and the customer. (Requires after hours call outs to handle emergency situations and the ability to assess customer information in order to expedite the restoration of services).
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in the use of PCs and general office equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative