|Title:||Plant Equipment Operator|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Location:||Windsor Locks, CT|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: Required to start-up, shutdown, operate and monitor various types of equipment within the Cogeneration Facility. Must be fully oriented to the Cogeneration operations and capable of responding to emergency situations, while communicating and following directions of the Control Room Operator. Required to assist in the daily maintenance of equipment. Ability to work a rotating shift schedule including holidays.
- Supports Control Room Operator on plant operations during assigned shift to operate the plant safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for general inspection of systems and equipment in a combined cycle power plant.
- Responsible for inspection, adjustments of operational equipment and participates in periodic plant inspections.
- Starts, stops, monitors, records data, evaluate all plant excursions and normal operations.
- The ability and awareness to work safely in a variety of conditions.
- Cautions others, as necessary, in working in a safe working manner.
- Oversee the work carried out by facility staff or contractors as the Person In Charge
- Adhere to all company guidelines and procedures.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in Steam Plant Operations.
- Secondary skills in the area of equipment maintenance.
- Proficient in the following software: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- A solid understanding of “Safety First” and the ability to apply these principles to every job or situation
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.