|Title:||Sr. Project Developer–Business Development|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
|Department:||Community, Permitting & Land|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
Exposure to, and interaction with; Senior Management and C-level Executives while leading and developing multi-million dollar utility-scale renewable energy projects in North America
We need you to:
- Manage the development of renewable projects from site acquisition through to the beginning of construction. This will include but will not be limited to managing the progression of project tasks including site acquisitions, permitting, environmental and interconnection. In addition, you will be responsible for the preparation of project development plans
- Lead multi-disciplinary meetings with internal resources and external stakeholders to progress development projects to the construction phase
- Be accountable for maintaining and reporting on project development schedule and budget, ensuring that emerging schedule and/or budget risks are identified and communicated, approvals are obtained and the project expenses are paid on a timely basis
Specific Areas of Focus:
- Coordinate stakeholder events and meetings as well as develop new and existing relationships with key players in the utility-scale wind, solar, and energy storage domains in Canada and the USA
- Support development and bidding activities, through market intelligence, competitive landscape analysis regulatory framework assessment, technology, suppliers and energy offtake
- Develop market knowledge for utility scale renewable generation projects, including regional RPS standards, general permitting and regulatory processes, interconnection and transmission, resource analysis, regional construction costs and development risk.
- Manage internal resources (engineering, legal, finance, operations, treasury) and 3rd party service providers, related to various project development functions, budget and schedule compliance
Experience and abilities to bring:
- 3 – 5 years of project management or coordination experience within the renewable energy, power, construction development or mining industry
- Knowledge of and/or formal education related to renewable power sector, ideally with 1- 3 years of direct experience in the renewable generation and/or storage sector
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a technical field
- Pro forma modeling experience with the ability to understand and modify Excel-based financial models for development opportunities
- A highly organized and positive individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Someone with a nature ability to develop and successfully manage relationships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer