|Title:||Quality Assurance Lead|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The role of the QA Lead is to prepare and execute software testing plans that ensure the readiness of an initial implementation and continued rollouts of Liberty's new enterprise SAP system. The QA Lead coordinates the testing activities of various team members who have a combination of specific knowledge for individual legacy systems plus appropriate exposure to the new SAP system including its design, desired features, and expected outcomes. He/she will produce testing results that lead to the go-live signoffs of key stakeholders. The QA Lead assists the Project Manager with project life cycle requirements related to the testing readiness of ProjectOne, including scheduling, status reporting, and issues tracking.
*For Internal candidates only - This role can be based out of any of the regional LU or ED locations*
- Prepare Quality Testing Plans in collaboration with Vendor and functional teams
- Ensure documentation and completion of test cases and scenarios
- Guide and ensure User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and business sign-off
- Manage defect logs and error resolution
- Lead Quality Teams in conjunction with the Vendor QA lead
- Coordinate the various functional streams as related to testing initiatives
- Assist with managing project scope
- Participate in project planning activities and manage the execution according to plan
- Develop, maintain and execute LUCC team work schedule
- Manage issues and risks with PMO
- Provide project status report to PMO
- Broad Job Knowledge - Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- 5-10 years of experiences
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.