|Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: As part of the SAP implementation team, the successful incumbent will have strong project management and business analysis skills. The Business Analyst will be expected to interact with key stakeholders across the organization and ensure proper prioritization and requirements gathering from stakeholders in the regions; gain buy in, implement processes and initiatives in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment while inspiring others.
- Lead high profile and strategic technological initiatives by understanding and executing on systems
- Map out current business processes
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise (Supply Chain)
- Interpret functional gaps, impacts, workflow requirements and analyze process improvement opportunities
- Use your superb relationship building skills to develop and maintain credible relationships with partners and clients in order to understand and challenge current processes
- Develop your project timelines and drive to completion through agreement and support amongst different business, development, and operational teams while adhering to tight deadlines
- Liaise with and bridge communication between business stakeholders and IT/SAP technical teams to lead projects
- Configuring the software to business requirements
- Conduct post implementation analysis and lead presentations to upper management
- Support change management efforts
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality
- Conducting fit/gap analysis and business process modeling
- Embrace and drive usage of new technologies, best industry practices and new methodologies
- Proven experience within Procurement / Supply Chain and knowledge of best practices theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents
- Project Management and SAP implementation delivery experience is an asset
- Advanced requirement gathering, critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven commercial/procurement acumen
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.