|Title:||Gas Utility Customer Field Service & Dispatch Manager|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Location:||Fall River, MA|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: Manage, coach, train service supervisors and technicians and administer appropriate actions associated with daily CFS operation. Manage the dispatch department to provide scheduled work for the service technicians and dispatch accordingly. Develop and manage the Capitol & O&M budgets. Manage and report results of all compliance related work ensuring timely completion. Maximize work order efficiencies and productivity through better scheduling. Implement safety measures reducing lost time incidents and holding all employees accountable. Oversee the meter shop and fitting work.
- Manage supervisory staff that supervise and oversee the CFS union employees and the Dispatchers.
- Understand and implement the provisions of the Local 369, UWUA AFL-CIO, Union Contract. Ensure consistent adherence to all Company policies and contractual obligations.
- Demonstrate a high standard of safety and provide a safe work environment by complying with safety regulations and enforcing corporate and operational policies and procedures
- Support the director in implementing departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize all work within the area to provide the most efficient scheduling and use of resources.
- Participate in continuous educational courses offered through the industry.
- Support and reinforce safety goals, requirements and behaviors and where scheduled; actively participate in safety leadership days.
- Support management of large accounts with correctors to ensure accurate billing.
- Check and manage all large meter installations; equipment inspections and audits as required.
- Manage field tech audits and quality assurance site visits
- Oversee the dispatch schedule. Manage dispatch staff.
- Oversees the maintenance of records of gas leaks and arrival times
- Manage the workforce plan.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Company to be in the best interest of the Company and customers served.
- Provide prompt, efficient, courteous service to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ethical, professional conduct; comply with the Company code of Ethics.
- May occasionally travel outside the region and the United States for Company business and/or meetings
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information to large groups. Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as operate within cross-functional teams to address various customer concerns and requests.
- Strong working knowledge of gas utility operations, federal, state and local natural gas codes and gas appliance safe operating requirements.
- .Ability to qualify for and perform the covered tasks under the Operator Qualification standards
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, diagrams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education & experience specifically with the gas utility industry.
- Minimum requirement of 5 years within the Gas utility Industry and/or related gas distribution field.
- Extensive understanding of the basic principles of gas engineering design and/or gas distribution system principles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to attain US Passport.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer