|Department:||Community, Permitting & Land|
|Location:||Tahoe Vista, CA|
Mandate: The Business and Community Development Manager initiates, develops, and maintains superior business and consulting relationships with customers, developers, community leaders, and vendors; in order to influence these stakeholders to use our commodity, increase their use of our commodity and take full advantage of the company’s program offerings. Success of this role is measured against growth, expansion, and retention goals set on an annual basis.
- Working directly with Customers, CPUC Staff, Executives, Facility Staff, Builders/Developers, Contractors, Architects and Engineers to assess opportunities and develop a comprehensive sales proposal; including additional company program offerings.
- Representing and advocating for customer needs with internal departments when required, by directing issues to the proper channels for resolution and improving customer satisfaction.
- Representing the company in targeted local, regional and/or with professional organizations; including trade and business shows.
- Provide key accounts with support as needed.
- Promote Liberty Utilities programs to key accounts and work in tandem with any in-house program managers.
- Promote growth opportunities within key accounts.
- Provide key partners (Trade Allies, Preferred Contractor, etc.) with support as needed.
- Promote Liberty Utilities programs to key partners and work in tandem with any in-house program managers.
- Promote growth opportunities within key partners.
- Identify and build strong relationships with governmental bodies
- Actively participate in municipal and governmental activities within assigned area, including the passage of required governmental agreements and other items of interest to the Company, including the promotion of additional company program offerings.
- Identify and build strong relationships with community leaders
- Actively engage our communities through civic, community, and school activities.
- Assist in determining best opportunities to donate company funds and which civic events to attend to create a positive company image and build brand awareness in each assigned area.
- Collect and report the growth and expansion details for the west region for Gross Profit Margin, new meters, and other activity for all commodities on a monthly basis.
- Assist in other areas and commodities of the west region, as requested, with growth, key customers, municipal, and community issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering and/or other related field required.Direct sales experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Possess strong working knowledge of construction codes and practices.
- Understand and interpret CAD, site work, and mechanical plans.
- Knowledge of commercial and residential HVAC systems.
- Experience in utility industry would be ideal.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of business and computer applications and an understanding of business finance, engineering and technical concepts.
- Experience with CRM systems required.
- Skilled in making presentations to senior management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Strong knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional travel out of state in the US and Canada may be required. A valid passport is required for international travel.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications