|Title:||USA - Manager, Human Resources - Georgia|
- Administer HR programs and services in collaboration with corporate HR staff in compensation, benefits, training and HR information management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with executives, managers, supervisors, employees and HR colleagues within Liberty and with external parties (recruiters, vendors, service providers). Proactively provide professional guidance and counsel to management on a wide range of HR subjects including but not limited to staffing, workforce/succession planning, compensation and benefits, learning and development, employee relations and employee engagement as well as performance management.
- Maintain a credible advisor/advocate relationship with a broad base of employees.
- Integrate an understanding of Liberty’s businesses and competitive strategies to ensure HR support and services compliment needs of the business.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, administers and exercises responsibility for all HR related functions, policies, processes, procedures and results at the local level.
- Ensures compliance with all HR related federal, state, local laws, requirements, policies, procedures and results reporting with extreme emphasis on full compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Researches available material, recommends, develops and implements HR related best practices at the local level., building consensus among stakeholders.
- Manages company and employee communications and feedback through such avenues as employee engagement surveys; company, department and individual meetings; suggested programs and focus groups.
- Keeps management team informed on significant problems jeopardizing performance, achievement of company goals and issues not adequately addressed by management.
- Conducts investigations into employee and management complaints, issues and situations, making recommendations, reporting and problem resolution as necessary.
- Monitors and advises management in progressive discipline systems. Monitors performance improvement processes with non-performing employees.
- Administers employee benefit and compensation programs at the local level including pay policies, bonuses and raises. Monitors and maintains local market wage and salary structure recommendations to ensure a competitive and stable workforce. Ensures all company HRIS information is correct and current.
- Responsible for Talent Acquisition at the local level. Effectively anticipates, coordinates and maintains necessary staffing needs and levels throughout the company.
- Prepares and conducts professional and performance development and other HR related training for employees and management.
- Develop and monitors the Human Resources budget to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to successfully support the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in human resources including but not limited to employee relations, employee engagement, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, recruitment and selection processes
- PHR or SPHR credential preferred
- Expertise and hands-on experience in Employee Relations is required.
- May manage support staff in related duties or provide work leadership and training to employees.
- Valid driver's license required as frequent travel to other locations in Georgia (Gainesville and Columbus) is a regular occurrence. A valid passport is required for occasional international travel to Canada.
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.