|Title:||HRIS Analyst 6 Month Contract|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
- The purpose of this position is to operate as the business interface in day-to-day support as well as project initiatives, to address organizational requirements and timelines that require solutions to be applied in both PeopleSoft and Dayforce HCM solutions.
- Identify and progress the agreed solutions that will satisfy the organizational priorities.Facilitate the resolution of system related issues
- The position will also be responsible for documentation of software process and procedures, and transfer PeopleSoft HCM knowledge to the existing Total Rewards team, to increase overall bench strength and effectiveness with PeopleSoft HCM.
- In addition, the position will be involved in project activity and day to day support using Dayforce Ceridian HCM, especially but not limited to initiatives that integrate with PeopleSoft HCM priorities.
- Identify and translate business requirements into actionable work plans through to implementation.
- Determine resolutions for a range of simple to complex business requirements, identifying potential risks and development of solution alternatives
- Gather and document business requirements, collaborate with the business and technical teams to ensure cross-functional teams review requirements understand the impact of the design decisions.
- Participate in cross-HCM system initiatives where organizational requirements and timelines must be applied to both PeopleSoft and Dayforce.
- Execute on routine production system processes as required and maintain accurate configuration in accordance with time-sensitive project deadlines
- Document and transfer knowledge of PeopleSoft business processes to ramp up overall PeopleSoft knowledge
- Facilitate the resolution of system related issues
- Backfill resources on Ceridian Dayforce operational and project initiatives as required
- Respond to & resolve assigned inquiries from employees, managers, HRBP, Payroll, Finance, delivering the highest level of customer service within expected timelines, with appropriate escalation for items that require more attention to resolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience as PeopleSoft HCM business or functional analyst
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, with Core HCM products, Position Management, Job Profile Management and security administration
- Nice to have experience with a SAS HCM tool such as Ceridian Dayforce
- Open to learn and work with Ceridian Dayforce HCM solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS concepts and data maintained for the organization
- Demonstrated experience with respect to project management activities and organization skills
- Expertise using MS Office especially Word and Excel
- Reliable, results-oriented, self-starter and attentive to details
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex ambiguous situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work with highly confidential information in a discreet manor.
- Safeguard the company HR information to ensure maximum confidentiality and compliance with legal and other requirements
- Ability to travel to US
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.