|Title:||Technical Support Specialist|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Empire DIstrict-A Liberty Utilities Company is seeking qualified applicants for a Technical Support Specialist at its Central Headquarters in Joplin, MO. This position will provide a central point of contact for all IT related problems within the company and will be responsible for troubleshooting computer-related problems and creating new tickets. Duties to include but not limited to installation, configuration, support and performance of end user devices and demonstrate advanced knowledge of PC hardware, associated components and configurations, ability to troubleshoot and resolve device network connectivity issues. An understanding of physical network security and encryption technologies is desirable.
- Utilize basic skills and knowledge to install, test, deploy and monitor client PC hardware and installed software including MS Windows Operating System and productivity software; ensure device is configured to access the corporate network and is able to access required applications.
- Complete client requests to the IT Helpdesk by creating work orders that adequately describes the issue(s) they are experiencing, their expectation of a satisfactory resolution, and resolve basic problems during the call or communicate the time the customer can anticipate a completion. Updates IT related documentation and assigned work orders to meet daily operational needs and regulatory controls including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards.
- Complete assigned work orders and project requests according to schedules and priorities with the routine oversight of supervisor
- Monitor client environment and research issues found related to malware, spyware and other malevolent software. Ensure that Antivirus solutions are updated, tested and applied on a routine basis.
- Update IT related documentation and assigned work orders to meet daily operational needs and regulatory controls.
- Perform other basic tasks as assigned by any member of IT Management, including rudimentary assistance to any other member of the IT Team.
- Position also has responsibility for completing purchase requisitions for IT related equipment.
- Must possess and A.S. Degree or B.S. Degree in an Information Technology related program or equivalent experience.
- Candidate must possess strong keyboarding skills, advanced telephone skills and must provide excellent customer service.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative