|Title:||Human Resource Manager|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
The Human Resource Manager position is well suited for someone who thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment where the ability to adapt effectively to change is key. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, confident, has exceptional judgement and decision making abilities and takes the initiative to provide excellent service to our stakeholders, while being part of a collaborative and energetic HR team who is committed to add value to the organization.
- Facilitate the roll out of HR initiatives such as performance management, new hire on boarding, succession planning, and changes in legislation and/or training as necessary.
- Provide consultation advice, support, guidance and conflict resolution to employees and managers. Identify root causes of employee relations issues and help create solutions for improvement.
- Administer employee relations policies and procedures and monitor their application and compliance to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Coach and consult with leaders on team effectiveness, succession planning and overall talent strategies.
- Understanding and completion of immigration procedures and paperwork required for employees and managers.
- Work closely with employees and managers to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention. Act as ambassadors to Company initiatives and developing a great corporate culture.
- Keep a pulse on morale, culture and engagement, use feedback from the employee survey and exit interviews to identify key themes of continuous improvement and overall employee engagement.
- Ownership and administration of the annual employee survey.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition Team in the full life cycle recruitment and selection process by driving the recruitment strategy, drafting offer letters, interviewing candidates, candidate salary analysis and recommendation, assisting in the job evaluation process and candidate debriefing with Hiring Managers, all while ensuring a positive candidate experience.
• Broad understanding of all HR disciplines and HR programs and practices.
• Change management skills and experience.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Confidence interacting with senior management.
• Ability to manage across geographies (Canada & USA)
• Strong impact and influence skills.
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Superior collaborative working abilities and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to execute quickly, effectively and consistently.
• Professionalism and maturity a must
• 8-10+ Years of Human Resource experience in a generalist capacity
• Customer focused with proven relationship building strengths and solid experience developing workforce plans based on business goals
• Strong business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
• Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration.
• To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action and be thoughtful in overcoming objections and secure stakeholder agreement to HR recommendations
• Comfort and ability to thrive in a high-change, fasted paced environment
• University degree, preferably in business/Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education/experience
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to influence decisions is required
• Ability to work with senior leadership to implement effective change management processes
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality; ethical
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented work environment
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.