|Title:||Service Desk Associate|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate:The role of Service Desk Associate is to supply Level 1 support and to be the first point of contact for computer, desk phone, Smartphone and peripheral related events and service requests. The Service Desk Associate also performs user administration tasks and setups for adds/modifications and termination of accounts, including provisioning of PCs, cell phones and setups. The Service Desk Associate will also maintain IT stores and assist with organization of purchased IT assets and configuration.
- Tier 1 support of desktop hardware and applications and peripherals. As well as connectivity troubleshooting.
- Tier 1 Support pertaining to general IT service requests (Password resets, Ticket Triaging, Phone Support etc)
- New user, transfers and terminated employee setup - procurement, telephony, mobile setup
- Asset tagging and tracking
- Inventory tracking of PCs and Desk phones
- Tier 1 triage of incident tickets, automated alerts and escalation to support teams
- Perform set Asset and configuration tasks
- Perform Stock (Inventory) of IT Stores (Laptops & Peripherals etc)
- Procurement, provisioning and setup of smart phones and tablets
- Limited Job Knowledge - Fundamental knowledge of basic work routines and standards sufficient to operate within narrow boundaries
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- No experiences required
- Responsibilities include other duties that may be assigned from time to time in addition to above job responsibilities
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.