|Title:||Senior Analyst, Asset Management|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What's in it for you:
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment that encourages personal growth and new ideas to implement
- Exposure to a variety of tasks on a daily basis
We need you to:
- Maintain and develop asset specific reporting and presentations ensuring accuracy and completeness and authenticity of information delivered to stakeholders (internal and external), including executive and senior management
- Analyze contracts, company/project specific information and industry specific data for the company, and prepare memos and summaries for senior management
- Drive fundamental analysis of contract terms that drive improvements, compliance and cost savings
- Manage and foster relationships, regarding strategy with internal and external stakeholder engagement, including building positive working relationships with all groups and participate in consultative meetings; collaborating with internal functional groups such as operations, finance, compliance, construction, business development and monitoring asset management activity.
- Assist the team to ensure controls are in place to meet return and compliance requirements on an ongoing basis
- Support financial modeling of existing operations in support of capital projects and contract negotiations
- Support the development of tracking of key performance indicators for operating projects
- Support team with contract negotiations
- Support the department for obtaining financial and non-financial information from existing systems
- Assist with ad hoc projects and new initiatives within the department
- Support analysts on the team
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- An undergraduate degree with a focus on Engineering or Business or Finance, MBA is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Detail oriented with solid analytical skills and ability to synthesize data points into trends beyond the mainstream
- Strong Microsoft office skills, advanced in Excel
- Efficient writing capabilities
- Passionate about renewable energy
- An agile change agent with strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer