|Title:||Analyst- Business Development|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
|Department:||Community, Permitting & Land|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
Exposure to Senior Management while playing a key role in preparing and updating detailed financial models to support the acquisition and development of multi-million dollar renewable energy projects
The opportunity to further develop your career within a dynamic group
We need you to:
- Utilize your financial modeling expertise to prepare reliable financial models which will form the basis for major strategic decisions
- Verify and document all major assumptions contained in financial models
- Liaise with finance groups on a regular basis to track operating and capital expenses in accordance with the budget
- Utilize your strong communication skills to collect and document information from internal and external subject matter experts to support key assumptions
Specific Areas of Focus:
- Maintain current knowledge of implications of tax and tax equity for the US and Canadian markets
- Keep up to date with trends in the power and utilities space; including technology, construction and financing
- Assist in the due diligence process of potential investment opportunities by reviewing legal documentation and preparing investment summaries using output from financial models and conclusions
- Ensure all major assumptions contained in financial models are properly vetted and documented
- Provide financial analysis required to support ad-hoc projects and tasks
Experience and abilities to bring:
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial role within the renewable energy, power, investment banking or private equity industry
- 1-3 years of strong financial modeling, forecasting, valuation and layering in project finance structures experience
- A self-regulated individual who thrives under pressure
- An individual with an entrepreneurial mindset looking to play a key role in the growth of the organization
- Passionate about renewable energy and have a keen interest in the power & utilities sector
- Working towards or have obtained your CPA, CBV or CFA designation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer