|Title:||Representative, Billing (Avondale 05/17)|
Responsible for processing final billings on customer accounts. Maintains meter reading scheduling and coordinates with Field Service Supervisor. Imports/Exports meter reading data from handheld computers to billing software. Sets up new customer service connections on billing system. Processes former customer delinquent notices and prepares collection reports for review and approval.
Handles all aspects of monthly billing. Independently handles complex customer billing situations. Sets up new service connections on billing system. Applies deposits and posts charges to customer accounts. Loads & unloads meter reads from handheld units.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Maintain all aspects of monthly billing to include reviewing applications, collecting deposits, posting establishment fees, processing meter reads, coding accounts and tracking new services. Reviewing services for high, low or zero usage and scheduling work orders as warranted. Generates monthly invoices. Exports files for bill print for multiple utility locations. Coordinates special mail outs for customer notifications for multiple utility locations.
- Assist with complex customer billing issues. Process revenue and payment adjustments. Update spreadsheets monthly. Process alternative rate applications and update customer accounts with special rates.
- Provide assistance to operations manager handling construction water contracts, assigning hydrant meters, scheduling relocations, applying deposits, posting charges, tracking unauthorized usage.
- Process new connection applications and maintaining customer records. Processing finaled out accounts.
- Process former customer delinquent accounts and payments. List delinquent accounts with collection agency.
- Setting up new service connections on the billing system to include reviewing applications, collecting deposits, posting establishment fees, processing meter reads, and coding accounts. Processing final billings on customer accounts.
- Reviewing low or zero usage and scheduling work orders as warranted. Processing meter change outs on billing system. Assist with reviewing high usage and inconsistent meter reads and scheduling service orders as needed.
- Importing/Exporting meter reading data from handheld computers to billing software. Maintains meter reading scheduling and coordinates with Field Service Supervisor under Manager, Billing’s direction. Required to manually enter meter reads as necessary. Schedules service orders and functions as a liaison between the customers, the field personnel and the office staff.
- Process special in-house mail outs for customer notifications for multiple utility locations. Provide clerical assistance to manager or other office personnel as requested or as the situation dictates.
- Maintain account files to include scanning and electronically filing customer documents and records.
- Work requires a high school diploma or equivalent thereof, plus the equivalent of an AA degree in Business or Accounting or other related courses.
- Knowledge of computer systems, accounting and billing software.
- Proficiency in Excel software required.
- Requires a minimum of (3) three years complex billing and collections experience. Experience with electronic data storage processes. Ability to type 50 words per minute preferred. Utility experience an asset.
- Valid state driver's license