|Title:||Landowner & Stakeholder Coordinator|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate:The objective of the role of “Land and Stakeholder Coordinator” is to assist in the overall coordination for APCo.’s major renewable projects by assisting in securing land tenure on all needed land and providing a strong administration role. The role will take a lead role in the administration of various land control documents. The role also require strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with various stakeholders. The role will be active in all aspects of origination, development, and construction. During execution, the Land and Stakeholder coordinator will remain involved as an agent for Algonquin .
The Land & Stakeholder Coordinator is accountable for the prioritization and deployment of tasks and resources against approved projects with a clear view to land and stakeholder success. The Land & Stakeholder Coordinator will receive overall guidance from the Director, Permitting and Planning, but is expected to coordinate and work with the Land and Stakeholder Manager to prioritize, initiate, evaluate and complete all significant steps.
- Responsible for the review, interpretation, and administration of various real estate related contracts and documents.
- Take a lead role in implementation of the Landworks Property Management Database
- Working with team members and taking a lead role in maintaining the data-base of existing landowners, leases, option agreements, lease payments, etc.
- Assisting the development teams with maintaining and creating a strong relationships with various stakeholders.
- Meet and/or communicate with existing landowners to maintain/build relationships with Algonquin,
- Assist with any securing land tenure for future projects,
- Assist in retaining and managing land agents to act in the same capacity when work-load demands or logistics require 3rd party services,
- 3 years of experience with contract administration, reading and reviewing legal agreements, and knowledge of real estate agreements.
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- Good knowledge of the various legal and commercial aspects of land tenure, specifically related to the renewable power generation industry required, (leases, rental agreements, royalty payments, easements, land registry, deeds and title, etc.)
- Skills – reviewing, reading, editing land agreements, leases, easements, etc., report writing, team-work and collaboration
- Ability to travel and meet with various landowners and project stakeholders, as necessary
- Valid driver’s license and passport with ability to travel internationally as requested.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.