|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
With minimal supervision this candidate will oversee the preparation and submission of information in compliance with the rules and rulings from various regulatory agencies, including but not limited to rate cases and compliance filings. With minimal assistance, perform ongoing maintenance and development of all spreadsheet models used by the department of ad hoc analysis and various regulatory filings. Assist with the ongoing model development or analyses as needed. Contribute to the overall success of the Rates and Regulatory Affairs team by performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities as directed.
- Has a positive, upbeat attitude while encouraging and supporting the team. Acts as a business owner in every activity with an
- Oversee and prepare timely and accurate regulatory reports and filings including but not limited to rate cases, compliance filings, ad hoc analysis and financial modeling.
- Prepare the updating of and analysis of rate case files and spreadsheet models monthly to assist in the evaluation of the need for rate relief.
- Prepare the preparation of rate case data, exhibits and testimony, including minimum filing requirements.
- Oversee the gathering and supplying of information to rate case participants, both internal and external, including informational
requests from external parties to the various proceedings. Prepare support for testimony as needed.
- Oversee and assist other team members with various projects and tasks as directed.
- B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar is preferred.
- The position requires prolonged use of computers, assisting with the presentation of information to internal and external audiences and overnight travel as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative