|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to make an impact to the process and procedures of the business while be exposed to a variety of tasks on a daily basis
We need you to:
Be a change agent within our dynamic environment
Be accountable for managing and supporting regional activities. You will successfully source and evaluate suppliers, negotiating favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts.
Specific areas of focus:
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of operation materials, office supplies, equipment’s, inventory items, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use as a generalist. Expected to develop strategies goods and services as well as independently issue and manage RFX's (RFI, RFQ, RFP).
- Implements regional strategies for cost reduction, supplier consolidation, quality improvements and process efficiencies
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy, discuss defects and delivery problems with suppliers and negotiate refunds; analyze relevant data and prepare reports
- Plan the strategic purchase of assigned categories
- Promote opportunities to consolidate supply categories across the region and develop strategies and priorities for sourcing.
- Propose procurement strategies for equipment, materials and services (generally complex markets), seeking to aggregate value, supply guarantee and innovation
- Analyze, discuss and elaborate planning, scheduling and control of procurement activities for highly complex technical purchases, in order to meet the Company’s timeline for demands
- Monitor and analyze the variables (market, demand and total cost) in order to anticipate and prevent risks to the supply chain, identify and capture market opportunities
- Work with a different business units and teams to select competitive suppliers, through the elaboration of strategies
- Autonomously and independently prepare and conduct sourcing and negotiations. Recommend agreements, participate on multifunction teams to execute the purchase of strategic categories to meet internal customers’ needs (quality, terms etc.), specifications improvement, testing of new materials and their post-acquisition performance by application
- Independently perform RFP /RFQ documents for complex goods and services and works closely with clients on the development of scope of work. Conduct analysis of proposals and provide recommendations to team including development of evaluation matrix to consider all aspects of bid responses.
- Carry out supply market evaluations, identifying opportunities, weaknesses, strengths, threats, via market benchmarking
- Support the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures
- Support company-wide initiatives by providing inputs as well as supporting the implementation process
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role. Industry specific experience desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Administration, Supply Chain or Office Administration, Supply chain certificate or equivalent work experience desirable
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software, in particular PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP software is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
A professional with a proven ability to make decisions under tight deadlines while managing complex projects and work schedules to meet multiple deadlines and expectations
An exceptional communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer