|Title:||Journeyman Lineman - Electrical Overhead|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Location:||South Lake Tahoe, CA|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
A Lineman may be assigned to work with and under the general direction of a Troubleman and when so assigned the type of work he performs and the method of supervision shall be governed by the rules with respect to the Troubleman classification. Other general duties as may be assigned in the line of progression.
- A Lineman may be assigned temporarily to work apart from a crew either alone or as a member of a two-man unit without supervision, doing work, which shall include:
- Framing poles
- Pre-assembling material
- Patrolling and inspecting pole and tower lines
- Testing and inspecting poles
- Repairing risers and ground molding
- Pulling slack in anchor guys
- Replacing guy guards
A lineman may be assigned temporarily to work apart from a crew as a member of a two-man unit, without supervision, when the second man in such unit is a one (1)year apprentice Lineman or higher, doing work which shall include:
- Taking primary distribution voltage readings
- Installing Cooperative-owned customer outdoor lighting service and street light fixtures including making connections on circuits with voltage below 750 volts
- Installing all types of customer services including risers and terminal connections when the service is to be underground, complete with setting self-contained meters; and
- Is required to drive the line truck and operate the fixed and attached equipment. May be required to keep time cards and material records.
- Must have a valid driver's license as required by applicable states' laws before assignment to job.
- Journeyman who performs all classes of transmission and distribution line work.
- Background of apprenticeship and experience and is qualified to perform these duties with skill and efficiency.
An employee in charge of a contract line crew during emergency situations as defined by the Company shall be paid the Line Working Foreman (Electrical Overhead) applicable rate of pay.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer