|Title:||Fuel & Revenue Accountant|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
|Department:||Fuel and Revenue Accounting|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Perform accounting and analytic functions to accurately prepare and support the Company's financial statements and related disclosures. This includes recording transactions and performing processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulated utility requirements, and internal controls. Analyze financial results to ensure accuracy of statements, supporting schedules and disclosures. Manage tasks to meet critical filing deadlines, including working with management and operational department personnel to evaluate accounting information for decision-making purposes. Perform, evaluate and document internal controls.
- Participate as a member of the accounting team to ensure transactions are recorded in the accounting system and/or budget system in according with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory accounting principles, sound budget practices, prescribed internal controls and company policy.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements or other financial/operational reports to senior management, the Board of Directors and other internal customers. Perform a variety of tasks to meet monthly accounting closing and reporting schedules.
- Perform review and analytical processes to evaluate the reasonableness and accuracy of financial information. Prepare analytic or budget reports for management, outside auditors and other internal/external customers, which explain variances, trends, and results of operations.
- Recommend operational efficiency enhancements and develop computer applications or manual processes to address those identified.
- Perform other special finance/accounting-related projects as requested. Assist internal customers with solving accounting-related issues. Assist with research of new accounting and regulatory rules.
- Assist other accounting departments to help with gathering information for tax reports, FERC reports, state regulatory reports, unclaimed property reports, closing capital projects and other critical processes or reports.
- Must have experience in performing accounting functions.
- Position requires periodic travel.
- Position requires a B.S. Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Experience in the utility field is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative