|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Liberty Utilities (formerly Empire Electric District Company) is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: Plans, designes and performs audits to provide management with independent appraisals of Company financial and operational activities. Provide independent audit services to the Company to assure processes and functions are adequately controlled, operating in an effective and efficient manner, and are in alignment with Company goals and policies. Assess internal control design and effectiveness and ensure compliance with standard accounting practices and corporate accounting policies. Perform operational, financial, and compliance audits. Execute testing plans and evaluate and interpret test results for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company matters is required.
- With limited supervison, perform audits and projects as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit or Senior Internal Auditors. This includes the development of audit programs; documentation of processes; interviews of key personnel; preparation of work papers; selection of testing samples and appropriate tests of control activities; development of audit findings, as well as recommendations, to improve control effectiveness; and communication of results to management.
- Execute management testing plans and evaluate and interpret testing results to determine compliance with SOX requirements. Assist business process owners regarding their roles in SOX compliance, internal controls and proper documentation of controls.
- With limited supervision, assist external auditors with work paper preparation and audit testing as required for benefit plans, SOX, and interim/year-end financial audits.
- Gain working knowledge of Company procedures and diverse disciplines as needed to ascertain Company performance. Disciplines may include auditing, accounting, data processing, benefits, energy trading, construction, tax and/or regulatory.
- Develop and refine basic audit skills, such as audit program preparation, sample selection, work paper preparation, and report writing.
- Prior Auditing experience preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have Bachelor of Science Degree
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer