|Title:||Sr. Financial Analyst|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Provide support to the West Region group with monthly deliverables, management reporting, variance analysis, capital spend analysis, performance measurement using the balanced scorecard and assistance in preparation of budgets and forecasting deliverables.
This information is intended to be description of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Provides comprehensive analysis of the financial results, explaining variances in actual results.
- Recommends and implements improvements to organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepares activities related to month end and quarter end reporting.
- Provides financial analysis and forecasting support for ad hoc projects and bridge results.
- Assist with the yearly budgeting process.
- Completes special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Assist with all internal and external audits.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Individual must have a Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance with a minimum of seven years of related experience with a minimum of five years in capacity that reflects increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishments. Prior utility background a plus.
- Must have experience working with financial applications. Experience with JDE financial application, Great Plains or Clarity a plus.
- Must have experience with budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, audit/internal audit, and all facets of general accounting.
- Be able to research and analyze business issues, implement and/or recommend possible courses of action.
- Possess proficient skills in internet and standard PC software applications (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, databases, presentation, email, etc.). Experience with Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts clearly in non-technical terms and to explain plans and ideas to senior management. Be able to communicate in English with others, including internal and external customers, under normal and adverse conditions.
- Be willing and able to attend meetings and conferences and pursue continued education to stay current with changing laws and regulations.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy.
- Be able to exercise independent judgment, discretion, professionalism and tact in all areas of work including matters of sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Possess strong people skills and general management ability. Must be able to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. This includes but is not limited to those to whom the position reports to, supervisor, coworkers, public, vendors, etc.
- Be able to work independently and function in a team environ,ent.
- Be able to take direction, be a self-starter and self- motivated.
- Be able to manage competing priorities.
- Be able to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Must maintain a professional appearance as a front-line representative of the Company.
- Be able to work weekends, holidays and extra time as required.
- Able to following Company rules and procedures and also directions from a supervisor.
- Be able to travel for business.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer