|Title:||Manager, SOX Compliance|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: Reporting to the Senior Manager, SOX Compliance the Manager, SOX Compliance, is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s SOX compliance efforts.
- Manage and, when required, execute all phases of the Company’s SOX compliance program including but not limited to:
- Planning and scoping activities
- Validating control documentation with management
- Supporting management during walkthroughs/test of controls by Internal Audit and External Audit
- Reviewing control gapsand supporting management with remediation plan design
- Monitoring remediation status of Internal Audit and External Audit findings
- Proactively work with management for the implementation of new processes/controls
- Actively build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including promoting the importance of SOX within the organization
- Support the Senior Manager, SOX Compliance in reporting to senior management and the Audit Committee
- Lead activities necessary to support the continued standardization of control activities
- Monitor and improve the Company’s self-assessment program
- Participate in special projects and/or investigations as applicable
- Accounting and/or internal audit designation(s) such as CIA, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA and/or CISA
- Ten years of relevant business experience (Internal Audit, External Audit, Finance, Operations, IT, etc.), to include a minimum of five years of SOX experience
- In-depth understanding of SOX, and COSO 2013 and COBIT frameworks
- Proven ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships
- Aptitude for challenging the status quo and continuously improving processes
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced attention to detail, organizational, analytical, and problem solvingskills
- Utilities industry experience is desired
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in the United States
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.