|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
Liberty Utilities is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: The Operations Manager is responsible for gas distribution operating functions including Construction, Distribution System Maintenance, Customer Field Service Activities, System Protection, System Operations, e.g. code compliance, budget management, HR support, work efficiency, safety, As well as the development and execution of company strategy and initiatives related to Operations functions.
Manage personnel in all activities related to the Gas Operations department including; construction & maintenance, and other areas related to the operation of the Company’s pipeline system.
Provide positive leadership and direction to direct/indirect supports. This includes the encouragement of independent & creative decision making with regards to improving their immediate areas of responsibilities in their own divisions.
Work to develop, establish and implement clear productivity standards. Utilize the results of these productivity standards to establish a clear link between the level of performance and the need for additional training coaching, counseling and/or discipline – for all field personnel.
Review and continually monitor available resources and work practices in order to ensure a high level of productivity and efficiency.
Ensure that the most cost effective use/mix of resources and equipment is utilized in completing all anticipated workload to meet departmental goals.
Develop and counsel direct report (i.e. Field Ops Supervisors) on issues of company policy, establishment of best practices and any other areas pertaining to the department goals and strategy.
Establish clear communication of departmental expectations, goals and procedures and ensure that their supporting direct reports meet both regional and company objectives.
Promote customer satisfaction through communication, responsiveness and quality workmanship for all direct reports.
Maintain a safe, reliable & efficient distribution system through the proper management of resources, workload and prioritization. Ensure a safe working environment for all employees and members of the public to ensure the enforcement of regulatory (Federal, State and Local) compliance for Gas Operations department activities.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of ten years of related qualifying utility experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the theory and practical application of gas operations standards/principles related to construction and maintenance of distribution, distribution supply, equipment and material requirements, OSHA, DOT and Pipeline & Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHSMA) Safety standards, and local ordinances required.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to provide strategic solutions to complex problems required.
- Ability to manage meeting stringent deadlines and ensure staff understands priorities, level of effort and time constraints collaboration.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in implementing Company policies, procedures, and budget process.
- Proven oral and written communication skills including active listening.
- Prior management experience with leading, coaching and motivating staff required.
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required.
Liberty Utilities is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration in employment or advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer