|Title:||Project Manager (Avondale 05/17)|
Project Manager (PM) will report directly to the Manager of Engineering and Construction. The PM will perform routine professional level water and wastewater engineering, project management, and utility planning work for the Company.
- Serve in a consulting capacity to other departments in technical engineering matters and must coordinate with other departments on engineering projects, utility operations, regulatory issues, or maintenance activities.
- Assess the need and determine scope and budget for company financed projects. Prepare project justification and alternative analysis when necessary to obtain funding approval for capital projects.
- Perform or assist in the preparation of Requests for Proposals and contracts for consulting services; review plans and specifications of consulting engineers; coordinate and manage projects with staff, developers, consultants, contractors, regulators, and other outside entities.
- Perform or assist with construction management duties, inspection of work, and various levels of field investigations.
- Assist in the preparation of capital improvement budgets, studies, master plans, permit applications.
- Review water/sewer design reports and plan reviews for developer or company financed projects
- Evaluate and review hydraulic modeling results that are prepared and submitted with the design reports and master plans.
- Manage or assist with the maintenance of the utility system mapping (ArcGIS).
- Apply building codes, regulations, and standards to capital projects and operations.
- Assist in the development of technical criteria and standards.
- Prepare technical reports for internal and external use. Prepare letters, memos, and reports with clearly organized thoughts, sentence structure, and grammar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or other related discipline.
- A Professional Engineering (PE) license or Engineer in Training (EIT) license in one or more of the following States; Arizona, Texas, Missouri, or have the ability to receive an EIT or PE license within one year of hire.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods as they relate to water and wastewater system improvements.
- Proficiency in MS Office required. Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and hydraulic modeling software is preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role within the water/wastewater industry is preferred.