|Title:||Supervisor, Finance (Avondale - 05/2018)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
This position is responsible for managing fixed assets, depreciation, and retirements. Preparation of monthly and quarterly analytics. Prepare and manage all entries and schedules for Line Extension Agreements. Assist with capital spending reports and budgets including monthly meetings. Manage and train staff for all accounting functions. Annual Budgeting. Miscellaneous accounting and industry reporting. Support Accounting Manager and Regulatory Manager with rate cases as needed. Perform all other duties as assigned.
This information is intended to be description of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Manage fixed assets, depreciation, and retirements for all entities.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytics for business unit and corporate.
- Manage and prepare bi-weekly and monthly timesheets, payroll journal entries and reconciliations of all payroll related accounting.
- Variance analysis and financial projections by assisting Finance Manager with FP&A and business unit heads with preparation of required information.
- Provide assistance to other Accountants with all journal entries, reconciliations, etc. during month-end.
- Line Extension Agreements which includes reading the agreements, interpreting, entries and reconciliation schedules.
- Assist with capital spending reporting and attend meetings.
- Audit and rate case requests.
- Annual budgeting.
- Manage and train staff.
- Prepare yearly reviews for staff.
- Posting of journal entries, AR/AP batches, cash batches and customer care billing batches.
- Management of credit card accounts and online accounts.
- Provide support and assistance to Regulatory and Finance Managers during rate cases.
- Prepare Annual Certificates of Disclosure.
- Assist Customer Care and Finance team with Cogsdale/GP issues.
- Assist with new acquisitions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and equivalent experience which would include some of the following:
- Minimum of five years senior level accounting experience performing complex accounting duties such as: bank reconciliations with high volume cash and payment activity, GL account reconciliations, financial analytic preparation, project management, team leadership and supervisory experience, SOX audit work, excellent Microsoft Excel skills, understanding of GAAP and knowledge and experience with computer accounting systems.
- Position provides direct supervision of staff members and indirection supervision to all functions within accounting/finance department.
- Strong decision making skills within corporate and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and organized; able to work with little to no supervision.
- Responsive to changing job demands/flexible with priorities changing quickly.
- Able to work in a fast pace/changing environment.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer