|Title:||Project Manager, Renewables|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The objective of the role of “Project Manager” is to provide overall project management for APCo.’s major renewable projects by successfully moving contracted renewable energy projects from the initiation of a capitalized project through the engineering, construction and commercial operation. The Project Manager is accountable for the prioritization and deployment of resources against approved projects with a clear view to financial viability and commercial success. The Project Manager will receive overall guidance from the Director Project Management, but is expected to initiate, lead, evaluate and complete all significant project management steps.
- Manage internal resources (related Algonquin engineering, technical and regulatory) and 3rd party service providers, related to various project development functions, for the purpose of the production of valuable work product, as well as budget and schedule compliance.
- Monitor project development costs related to projects for which the Manager is responsible for the
- purpose of compliance with project budgets and projecting cash flows and future budgets as needed as well as variance reporting when requested.
- Assess the engineering and financial quality of the data being used in the project development cycle for the purpose of risk identification and analysis as well as recommending additional resource allocation to address deficiencies
- Work with other team members and Algonquin staff in a cooperative development environment as both a Project Manager (management of budget, schedule, resources, etc.) as well as a supporting team member to other Project Managers.
- Write reports and correspondence related to project development (engineering, costing, energy
- assessment, scheduling, etc.) as required and request for the purpose of updating internal and external project clients
- Construct, modify, and defend financial and engineering models for potential development projects for the purpose of project evaluation, prioritization, and ongoing financial investment,
- React to changes productively and undertake other tasks as assigned in reflection of changing priorities and markets.
- Expertise - advanced/well-developed skills and knowledge within a specific professional discipline involving the integration of theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experiences
- Broad knowledge of the various technical and commercial aspects of the power generation industry required, (energy payments, capital and construction costs, power purchase contracts, interconnection issues, basic understanding of permitting and regulatory matters, etc.),
- Working skill and knowledge within the development industry, preferably power generation – partnership agreements, government regulations, utility interconnection issues, debt financing, environmental permitting.
- General knowledge of financial instruments and mechanisms used in the development (power generation preferred) industry (letters of credit, pro forma modeling, equity and debt contributions, cash flow projections, currency exchange, insurance, etc.
- Broad knowledge required regarding engineering sciences related to various power generation technologies (civil/structural, geotechnical, electrical, etc.)
- Contract and agreement writing and execution, tendering and service procurement, Project Management including construction and development schedule and budget creation, reporting, and maintenance, report writing, team-work and collaboration.
- Professional Engineering or Professional Project Management training, with 5-7 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and passport with ability to travel internationally as requested.
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.