|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
|Location:||Amherst Island, ON|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Algonquin) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The primary purpose of this position is to provide owner site representation at a wind generating. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the wind facility by ensuring that all contractual obligations are met. This person is accountable for the operational performance of the asset within the parameters of the corporate mission statement:
1. Uphold Public Safety
2. Uphold Site Safety
3. Uphold Environmental Compliance
4. Uphold Regulatory Compliance
5. Foster Open Communications
6. Ensure Long Term Integrity of APCo’s Assets
7. Maximize APCo’s Revenues
- Ensure all supplier and asset management contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Ensure coordination of site generation schedules with the OEM, contractor, Algonquin Power and lead market participant
- Plan and schedule staff, OEM, contractor and implement strategies to maximize revenue
- Plan and schedule major equipment maintenance activities to minimize downtime impact on revenue
- Plan and schedule any owner training required to meet company objectives
- Aid in the development of the yearly budget requirements and manage the facility within approved budget parameters
- Track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, and then plan on ways to reduce those losses or high costs.
- Interface with other departments to provide information and support as required
- Interface with external agencies as required
- Interface with landowner with respect to concerns and payment
- Initiate and manage all insurance claims made by the company
- Plan and execute all monitoring requirements at the wind generating facility
- Monitor compliance and process all filings with respect to NERC and FERC
- Manage waste disposal within applicable laws
- Accountable for the financial performance of the facility on a day to day basis
- Accountable for adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Uphold the corporate mission statement
- The Plant Manager must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate and industry safety standards and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations related to wind operations
- Knowledge and understanding of wind generating equipment construction and operation
- Knowledge of NERC and FERC regulations related to wind generation
- Strong understanding of wind facility operations
- Strong understanding of budgeting and cost control practices
- Ability to manage and leadpeople
- Ability to prioritize work requirements
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to make quick decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to write professional quality reports
- Proficient with the use of Word, Excel and Outlook software programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- College diploma and/or
- Electromechanical diploma and/or
- Electrical maintenance diploma and/or
- Mechanical maintenance diploma and/or
- Equivalent or superior diploma in mechanical maintenance and/or
- 5-10 years of experiences
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.