|Title:||HRIS Specialist 1 Year Contract|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10 billion of total assets. Delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty &Empire) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 2,800 MW of installed capacity.
Mandate: The purpose of this position is to operate as the business interface in day-to-day support as well as project initiatives, to address organizational requirements and timelines that require solutions to be applied to our HCM solutions.
- For assigned tasks, gather and document business requirements, identifying potential risks and solution alternatives. Collaborate with business and technical teams, translating business requirements into actionable work plans
- Execute on routine production system processes as required and maintain accurate configuration in accordance with time-sensitive project deadlines
- Respond to & resolve assigned inquiries from employees, managers, HRBP, Payroll, Finance, delivering the highest level of customer service within expected timelines, with appropriate escalation for items that require more attention to resolve.
- Backfill resources on operational and project initiatives as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience with configuration and support of HCM software
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS concepts and data maintained for the organization
- Expertise using MS Office especially Word and Excel
- Reliable, results-oriented, self-starter and attentive to details
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment, conforming to shifting priorities as required
- Positive and professional attitude
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work through complex ambiguous situations and problems to arrive at innovative solutions
- Safeguard highly confidential information in a discreet manor
- Ability to travel to US, if required
- Nice to have experience as PeopleSoft HCM business or functional analyst
- Nice to have experience with a SAS HCM tool such as Ceridian Dayforce
Click to Like & Follow us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.