|Title:||Manager, Finance (Avondale-06/17)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance & Audit|
Provides management and leadership for financial functions for multiple divisional utility companies. Oversite of traditional financial functions including but not limited to A/R, A/P, accruals, cash, revenue and expense transactions, G/L and system management, and fixed asset tracking. Coordinates, reviews, and approves journal entries, account reconciliations, budgets, forecasts, and financial operations. Plans, organizes, directs, controls and manage the activities and staff within the finance/administration functions. Communicates with home office finance department for proper recording and transmission of financial or related information. Coordination of internal and external audits. Provides leadership and active participation in financial and administrative projects and initiatives. Manages financial functions of developer line extension agreements including refund calculations and payments. Assists and provides all required documentation for rate cases and/or regulatory entities.
- Provides leadership for financial functions for multiple divisional companies.
- Establishes and maintains functional area policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, SOX, GAAP and regulatory compliance.
- Provide effective support and communication to the President and Director of Operations.
- Monthly close process which includes P&L and capital analytics.
- Assists with preparation of annual budgets.
- Liaison for internal and external auditors.
- Provide support to Regulatory department for rate case preparation, filings and data responses.
- Create, mentor, and bond the Finance team with the business functions.
- Analysis, paperwork and use of computer. Works with accounting system, financial planning models, budgets, financial work orders, line extension agreements, spreadsheets and computerized reports.
- Makes trips to various division locations and potential acquisition locations.
- Works on special projects as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Knowledge of computer systems, billing software, accounts payable and cash receipts. Knowledge of all essential company financial functions.
- Requires experience as a manager/supervisor. A minimum of (7) seven years of accounting/finance experience, with at least two (2) years management experience. Additional academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the potential to perform the duties of the position. Prior regulated utility accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Work requires the ability to read and process at a college level various accounting and industry terms, spreadsheets, vendor invoices, state statutes, federal laws, line extension agreements, service area maps, correspondence, legal documents and contracts.
- Work requires the ability to perform math calculations such as addition, subtraction, and algebra. Ability to calculate, add, subtract, estimate, communicate, understand and catch errors in customer service, vendor and finance daily activity.
- Work requires the ability to effectively write letters, memos and emails to other management and external individuals. Must be able to summarize research performed in a manner that can easily be followed and presented to others.
- Will work within and follow established budget guidelines and make sure proper managerial approval has been given for any expenditure. Will head finance functions of annual budget process in terms of compiling, documentation, analysis and presentation. Will provide assistance and feedback to managers during budgeting process. Will coordinate finance personnel budget work.
- Work is widely varied, to include involvement with other management, vendors, developers, customer service, and operations personnel. Must understand the interdependency of all company operations and be able to analyze and prioritize situations as they arise on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Facilitates work flow of finance personnel with other departments and home office. Must be able to manage personnel and various situations as they arise. Ability to communicate recommendations regarding procedure development and implementation.