|Title:||FR-Foreman of Construction & Maintenance|
|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
|Location:||Fall River, MA|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate:The Foreman of Construction & Maintenance will be responsible to oversee all activities related to the construction and maintenance activities of the assigned job, with a focus on the Company’s roadway restoration process; to ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with company policies as well as both State and Federal Codes and Regulations. Perform various leakage surveys throughout the gas distribution system and ensure any third party construction is not in conflict with the Company’s facilities. Perform gas facility mark outs as requested through the Dig-Safe one call system. Assist the CMS Department in leak investigation and related odor complaints as well as leak rechecks of existing leaks while grading them in compliance with current Company guidelines. Perform various cathotic protection testing and trouble shooting on gas distribution system to verify compliance with Part 192. Assist the Foreman of Pressure Regulation in the operation and maintenance of district regulators and gate stations. Assume on-call responsibilities as required for emergency and non-emergency response.
Manage the road restoration process by spot checking the compaction of any type of roadway excavation and all types of final permanent restoration which include asphalt and cement work on public and private property verifying the quality and completeness of the work.
Review all restoration work orders for completeness and accuracy.
Catalog each order in an electronic format for purposes of dispatching then reconcile the completion of each restoration work order.
Reconcile completed work with third party invoicing and for accuracy, completeness, and scope of the repair.
Prepare reporting on a monthly basis of outstanding and completed work orders.
- Develop a cost analysis of the variety of work orders that could be used during the budgetary process.
- Ability to interpret main and service records from various maps, records and prints.
Completes the service meter set layout and location for replacement services.
Completes the scheduling and execution of appointments for customer transfers to the new replacement installations related to service replacements.
Mark out distribution system facilities as requested through the Dig Safe call system
Perform leakage surveys as needed and classify detected leaks according to industry standards
- Conduct quarterly bridge inspections
- Assist the service technicians as required relating to gas odor complaints
- Respond to construction sites to verify company facilities when requested
- Conduct rechecks on existing classified leaks
- Testing and maintaining galvanic and impressed current cathotic protection systems
- Create C&M Work Orders as needed to repair or replace galvanic systems as well as valve box maintenance
Completes time sheet accurately, including supporting those submitted by the workforce regarding the assigned job or jobs and record the proper account number relating to the work performed.
Maintains customer satisfaction on all assigned jobs.
Interact with other departments as needed.
Complete accurate paper work.
Ensure adherence to the company’s O&M standards.
Assume on-call responsibilities as required for emergency and non-emergency response.
Demonstrates ethical, professional conduct at all times; complies with the Liberty Utilities Code of Ethics.
Provides prompt, efficient, courteous service to both internal and external customers.
Must have a High School Diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a DOT health card
Must become NACE Certified
Must have prior knowledge and working experience relating to the operation and maintenance of a local gas distribution system
Minimum of 5 years of field experience
- Possess a background in leak investigation
- Must have working knowledge of roadway construction and repair
- Understanding of the basic principles of gas engineering design and/or gas distribution system construction principles
- Understanding of GIS Systems and how to read/interpret company distribution records.
- Working knowledge of pressure control and monitoring systems.
- Ability to operate pipe locating and gas leak detection equipment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to qualify for and perform the covered tasks under the Operator Qualification standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products especially Excel
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
THIS POSITION IS DEFINED IN THE COMPANY’S ANTI DRUG PLAN AS COVERED BY D.O.T. REGULATIONS IN 49 CRF PART 199
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer