|Department:||Operations & Maintenance|
Independently responsible for field activities for both residential and commercial customers on transmission and distribution systems and facilities, as applicable. Performs such work in accordance with Company, regulatory and safety procedures.
- Represents the Company in Community Relations activities, and to government agencies, city officials and public and industrial foundations.
- Assists area developers, contractors and other utilities in the location of natural gas lines.
- Responds to customer requests for service including connections, disconnections, leak and carbon monoxide investigations and appliance adjustments. Informs customers on the proper use and operation of natural gas appliances and equipment.
- Replaces and/or makes basic repairs to meters and regulators. May read meters and perform collection efforts on delinquent accounts. Collects various consumption data as required and compiles records and reports.
- Investigates code compliance, inactive meters, high bill and pressure complaints.
- Assists construction and maintenance crews and developer contacts in the scheduling and/or development of local activities.
- May lead and direct the activities of other personnel engaged in similar tasks.
- Performs activities to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other emergencies.
- Completes and maintains accurate records and reports to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
- May be required to work stand-by duty, shifts, holidays, weekends, emergency call outs, and occasional extensive hours.
- Is subject to reporting outside regular work area.
- Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
- Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues to their resolution and completion.
- Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company’s values, strategies, policies and procedures and exhibits the core values of Liberty Spirit, Customer Service, Safety and the Company’s Code of Conduct both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
- Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety training.
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Five to ten years natural gas service or construction & maintenance field experience.
- Must have obtained Senior Level status in either service or construction & maintenance
- Must have and maintain minimum Operator Qualifications (OQs) and classroom training for position.
- Requires a valid driver’s license in accordance with Company standards.
- Must obtain and maintain a Competent Person certificate within six months..
- Must obtain and maintain any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications within six months.
- May require welding certificate.
- Requires working knowledge of various software applications for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
- Requires the ability to communicate with internal/external customers to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information.
- Works indoors in an office environment and outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to extremes of climate and temperatures, high noise levels, rough terrain, and occasional work on ladders, roofs, attics, and under houses as well as confined spaces.
- Works as an individual contributor and/or as member of a team.
- Must satisfactorily complete all regulatory and company requirements/qualifications for the applicable classification prior to performing a covered task independently
- May have residence requirement due to call-out response time.
- Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
- Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
- Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials up to and including 60 pounds.
- As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post-employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.