|Title:||Manager of Market Operations|
|Subsidiary:||Empire District (A Liberty Utilities Company)|
Thank you for your interest in The Empire District Electric Company (A Liberty Utilities Company). For over 100 years, our workforce has been serving our customers with pride. As we face the challenges of the future, we will continue to build on our reputation of providing excellent customer service through a skilled, highly motivated workforce. We provide our employees with a challenging work environment, while maintaining a company culture of high ethical standards. Five core competencies are valued in all employees – Customer Focus, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Personal Accountability/Initiative and Flexibility/Adaptability. We believe these competencies are keys to success at Empire District, and it is our mission to recruit, hire, train, and retain such individuals.
Direct company participation in the Day Ahead and Real Time markets for Empire with focus on Southwest Power Pool and Midwest ISO. Direct preparation and submittal of bids and offers for energy and ancillary services, analysis of market and operational risk to determine appropriate strategy for minimizing net fuel and purchased power costs. Direct procurement of commodity needed for electrical generation including review and execution of applicable physical or financial contracts.
- Successful participation by Empire in the RTO markets where applicable by procurement of energy and ancillary services at or below the cost of self supplying these resources to minimize costs of supply to EDE native load.
- Continually monitor the effectiveness of bidding/offering strategies and adjust accordingly to ensure the company's success in the RTO markets.
- Direct the cost effective procurement of coal and natural gas for the purposes of electrical generation while adhering to the policies and standards developed regarding acceptable procurement methods and limits.
- Verifiy the guidelines established by the Risk Management Oversight Committee are continuously followed by RTO Markets team.
- Develop and maintain a job task/training manual encompassing procedures for all positions interacting with the SPP Markets to provide for efficient transition in the event of employee turnover.
- Develop, train, and motivate personnel with an emphasis on teamwork while encouraging individual growth.
- Participate in RTO working groups to ensure that Empire's interests are considered during RTO member development while also staying apprised of RTO governing documents so that market rules are followed and strategy adjustments are considered to reflect the dynamics of an ever-changing market and energy landscape.
- Contribute to departmental needs including data request submissions, requests for capacity/energy proposals and miscellaneous information requests.
- Minimum of 3 years of related electric utility experience with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or a Business related field
- Emphasis in mathematical/statistical analysis a plus
- Experience with hedging instruments, valuing derivatives or direct experience with day to day market operations is highly preferred
- Master of Business Administration Degree with above preferred experience may be substituted for 2 years of required experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative