|Title:||Senior Manager, Asset Management (Wind)|
|Subsidiary:||Liberty Power (formerly Algonquin Power)|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The primary responsibility of this position is to act as the owner’s representative for the wind power generation portfolio of assets. This includes collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders and departments for all financial, contractual and stakeholder issues related to their portfolio. Responsible for setting the short and long term financial performance expectations for a portion for the assigned portfolio.
Responsibility of day to day operations for the facilities is delegated to the Operations Group. The Asset Management group will rely on the Operations Group to support project planning, execution, engineering and other technical support activities. The Sr. Manager, Asset Management reports to the Senior Director, Asset Management.
- Manages and develops a team of people who support this function
- Manages business focusing on maximizing profits and ROI.
- As the Owner’s representative the Sr. Manager, Asset Management is responsible for the implementation of programs and strategies impacting a broad section of the business – specifically monitor and establish mitigation for all risks to business performance and corporate strategy.
- Responsible for pro-forma, income statement, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Responsible to report on monthly/quarterly/annual variances to budget.
- Develops overall business plans for all assets in collaboration with the Operations team. This includes both P&L and Capital budgets for the entire portfolio of operating assets.
- Ensures that the wind facilities are operated and maintained in a manner that minimizes lifecycle cost and prevents the development of situations that would result in stranded assets. This responsibility includes:
- Ensuring that each asset has an appropriate business, operations and maintenance plan and budget to operate each facility according to the overall financial expectations.
- Ensuring that there is an appropriate long term capital plan.
- Management of development and approval of major capital projects including expansion, repowering of existing facilities – execution of capital projects will be managed by the operations group.
- Accountable for key stakeholder relationships – specifically:
- Contract/agreement negotiations with various counter-parties, including service agreements, energy contracts, equipment supply contracts, government permits and licenses.
- Representing Company interests with government agencies, politicians, community groups, industry organizations and the media.
- Relationships may include facility/project specific issues or may involve issues impacting the entire portfolio.
- As the owner’s representative of the generating portfolio, the Sr. Manager, Asset Management is responsible for forming, leading and managing cross department teams and groups to ensure that the overall financial objectives are achieved. This will include the development and implementation of strategy and policy that will impact all aspects of operating business.
- Responsible for the identification and management of potential threats and opportunities to the business, specifically but not limited to regulatory or market changes.
- Responsible for identification of long term regulatory/market changes that may impact the business or provide opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring that strategic, confidential information is appropriately managed, both within the Compnay and with external stakeholders. Including:
- Development of managerial reporting for use internally and with minority ownership interests
- Legal information as it impacts wind assets.
- Participate in the transition of new assets acquired or developed by Business Development into the portfolio.
- Coordinate and represent the Company in partnership activities
- Ensure that projects are properly insured and manage, working with the VP of ERM to ensure proper management of any insurance claims.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or equivalent progressive experience
- MBA, CFA, or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience within utility scale Wind power generation
- Knowledge and understanding of wind power generating equipment construction and operation
- Knowledge and understanding of the electricity industry and electricity markets in North America
- Knowledge and understanding of independent power production business
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Strong understanding of wind power operations
- Strong understanding of budgeting and cost control practices
- Ability to prioritize work requirements
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to make quick decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to write professional quality reports
- Proficient with the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook software programs
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer