|Title:||Senior Server Analyst|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with a fantastic and dedicated IT team within a fast growing organization.
- You will gain exposure to a variety of IT Operations tasks and be provided with opportunities to participate in major project
We need you to:
- Be responsible for leading implementation and administration of server resources, storage and infrastructure applications at the data center and sites.
- The Senior Server Analyst will act as the primary for configuring servers to standards, reviewing of project server requests to standard, and ensuring the security objectives.
Specific areas of focus:
- Design ,configure Servers ,and Storage Systems at Data Center and Offices
- Provides estimates for projects, performs vendor proposal reviews and test plans and proof of concepts
- Develop Server , Storage System standards
- Troubleshooting and repairs to systems - L2/L3 support , Security Reviews and Escalations
- Complex Performance troubleshooting
- Provide root cause analysis reports
- Backup and Recovery Plans and Testing
- Patching and Updating
- Compliance and Audit
- Virtual Servers , and Storage Systems
- Ensure Documentation is accurate
- Design according to spec
- Rotational On call support
- Escalation point for monitoring alarms/events
- Configure Monitoring Software and Alert Mechanisms
- University - Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experiences
- Recent VMWare, CCNA and MCSE Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
Click here for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer