Compensation and Benefits:
Salary: $83,000 - $105,000 annually
In addition to wages, Liberty Utilities offers an incentive plan based on company and individual performance.
Liberty Utilities offers a comprehensive benefits plan including health, vision, and dental benefits as well as AD&D, basic life insurance, and short term and long term disability.
Liberty proudly offers a 401(k) plan with a 4% match along with a Cash Balance Pension Plan. Employees are also eligible for an employee share purchase plan that allows for the purchase of company stock with a company contribution.
Liberty Utilities has a strong culture based on our core values of Quality, Efficiency and Care.
Supervises and directs maintenance and operation of all production facilities including wells, pumping and disinfection equipment and reservoirs. Oversees all aspects of the water quality monitoring program and cross-connection control (backflow prevention) program for the company. Supervises all water quality testing and reports to the State Water Resources Control Board. Performs other duties as required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise, direct and assign duties to production personnel. Oversee their activities, assure proper and adequate training, and manage their performance as needed through regular performance evaluations and coaching.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection and analysis of various types of water samples from the water system according to procedures prescribed by the State Water Resources Control Board
- Investigate and answer complaints by customers concerning water quality
- Oversee all maintenance and repair work on production and treatment facilities
- Report to and communicate both verbally and in writing with the State Water Resources Control Board pertaining to reporting test results, production data, cross connection control corrective actions, and annual inspection of all facilities
- Oversee cross-connection control program
- Inspect production and treatment facilities to ensure compliance with sanitary standards
- Oversee the pulling, resetting, rehabilitation, disinfecting, and testing of domestic water wells
- Direct the operation of pumps, chemical dosage rates for wellhead, distribution residual maintenance, related flow, pressure control and storage facilities manually or by using a system control and data acquisition (SCADA) system
- Oversee troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvements of SCADA system
- Prepare specifications, cost estimates, and selects equipment by reviewing construction plans
- Oversee the construction of new water facilities and new treatment facilities
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of emergency backup power equipment
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Consumer Confidence Report
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and county health and safety regulations
- Develop operation and maintenance policies and procedures as required
- Report and communicate to manager daily activities and events
- Assist in preparation of O & M and Capital budgets for the Production Department
- Serve on the Emergency Response Team. Coordinate customer notification in the event of a water emergency i.e.: boil order, loss of pressure or water availability
- Actively support the Utility Supplier Diversity Program (USDP) to achieve the Program’s objectives and, if granted procurement authority, incorporate diverse business enterprises in the procurement process and work with the USDP coordinator to identify USDP opportunities
- High school graduate, degree from an accredited college specializing in chemistry, biological science or related field preferred. At minimum five years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience in a lead or supervisory role, in water system production, distribution or engineering
- Must have knowledge of rules and laws dealing with water quality and cross- connection control
- Must possess a Grade 2 Water Treatment Certification or higher; Grade 5 Water Distribution Certification, or Grade 4 Distribution with ability to obtain Grade 5 within 1 year; possession of Cross-Connection Control Specialist accreditation from AWWA or equivalent desirable
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license
- Must have the ability to tactfully meet with the general public and public officials in matters of water quality and cross-connection control
- Must have the ability to direct, train and oversee others in performing their duties
- Must be willing to attend meetings, conferences, and pursue continued education to stay current with changing laws and regulations related to water quality and cross- connection control
- Must have general knowledge of electrical and natural gas well pumping equipment
- Must communicate with co-workers, and display a positive attitude and leadership ability
- A person in this position is a front line representative of the Company, and his/her attitude and appearance should reflect this responsibility
- Be able to work weekends, holidays, and extra time as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.