|Title:||Specialist, Customer Service (05/2018 - Avondale)|
Performs customer service duties to include handling complex customer situations. Setting up new customer accounts. Applying deposits and posting charges to customer accounts. Load & unload meter reads from handheld units. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Review applications, collecting deposits, posting establishment fees, processing meter reads, coding accounts and tracking new services. Reviewing services for high, low or zero usage and scheduling work orders as warranted. Generates monthly invoices.
- Monitor front desk personnel and assist front desk as back up for phones, payments, sign-ins, etc. when necessary. Assist with more difficult customer issues.
- Provide assistance to operations manager handling construction water contracts, assigning hydrant meters, scheduling relocations, applying deposits, posting charges, tracking unauthorized usage.
- Process new service applications and maintaining customer records. Processing finaled out accounts.
- Schedule and follow up on payment arrangments for delinquent accounts. Co-ordinate disconnections for nonpayment and schedule re-connects.
- Work requires a high school diploma or equivalent thereof, plus the equivalent of an AA degree in Business or Social Sciences or other related courses. Proficiency in using computer systems and accounting or billing software is required. Aptitude to quickly learn utility billing software is required.
- Requires a minimum of (3) three years increasingly complex clerical experience in office operations and practices or any combination of academic education, or professional training or work experience which demonstrates the potential to perform the duties of the position. Experience with electronic data storage processes is required. Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License.