|Title:||Vegetation Management System Forester/Arborist|
|Department:||Building, Maintenance & Vegetation Services|
|Location:||South Lake Tahoe, CA|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Mandate: Assist Vegetation Management Administrator in the implementation of the Vegetation Management Plan and Pole Inspection Program.
- Assist in the Management of the annual vegetation program – tree trimming, pole grubbing, work planning, intrusive pole inspections; supervise work, perform quality control audits and maintain records pertaining to contractors work for tree trimming, pole grubbing, and arborist inspections.
- Prepare required reports for State, local, and federal agencies which include work plans and maps.
- Build good relationships with the local regulatory agencies (TRPA, Forest Service, Lahonton Water, State and local Fire Agencies and State and local government agencies).
- Coordinate permitting that would be necessary for the removal or maintenance of vegetation in construction of lines or rebuilding existing lines.
- Assist in contract procurement for tree trimming, pole grubbing, intrusive pole inspections, and contract utility arborists.
- Perform customer generated tree inspections and inspections pertaining to system reliability and compliance on Liberty Utilities’ California distribution and sub - transmission system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop a contractor auditing program; maintain records and report discrepancies to the VMA
- Assist in the Management of the annual vegetation program
- Assist in the Management of the pole testing program which is mandated by the CPUC and needs to be coordinated to stay in compliance.
- Prepare required reports for agencies.
- Build good relationships with the local regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate any permitting pertaining to vegetation management that would be necessary in constructing any lines or rebuilding existing lines.
- Assist in the inspection and reporting of Clearance Exempt Tree Program to Calfire
- Formal Education / Knowledge - Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through college resulting in a degree or equivalent as well as industry specific knowledge. Working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.0, Microsoft Excel and Access are required. Public interaction and presentation skills are recommended. Must be familiar with California Forest Practice Rules, ANSI Z133.1 and ANSI A300 Standards, CPUC Regulation.
- Experience - Minimum four years’ experience in Utility Operations with responsibilities in line clearance vegetation management. Experience in urban forestry, forestry, botany, ecology, environmental science, or a comparable area.
- Certifications and Other Requirements - Valid Operator’s Driver’s License, Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture or a California Professional Forester’s License.
- Reading - Work requires the ability to read technical information and data, policies, laws, guidelines, and procedures at a college level.
- Math - Work requires the ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situation.
- Writing - Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Managerial - Job may have responsibility for the direction or supervision of others, both direct and indirect.
- Budget Responsibility - Assist in Budget Management
- Technical Skills - Knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Knowledge of basic office equipment should include: Internet and email, copy and fax machines, postage meter and telephone. Experience with Inventory Systems and Software. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
- Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Continually works to improve supervisory skills. Position interacts with both internal and external parties on a regular basis.
- Pay Range: $26.45 - $32.69 hourly, depending on skills and experience.
- In addition to salary, Liberty Utilities offers an incentive plan based on company and individual performance.
- Liberty Utilities offers a comprehensive benefits plan including health, vision, and dental benefits as well as AD&D, basic life insurance, and short term and long term disability.
- Liberty proudly offers a 401(k) plan with a 4% match along with a Cash Balance Pension Plan. Employees are also eligible for an employee share purchase plan that allows for the purchase of company stock with a company contribution.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer