|Title:||Vegetation Management System Forester/Arborist|
|Department:||Building, Maintenance & Vegetation Services|
|Location:||South Lake Tahoe, CA|
Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to enjoying the time spent in the forest, you will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis
You will be able to use your customer centric attitude and ability to network to develop relationships with customers and agency contacts
Our environment encourages good ideas so you will be able to put forward ideas to implement
We need you to:
- Assist in the Management of the annual vegetation program – tree trimming, pole grubbing, work planning, intrusive pole inspections; supervise work, perform quality control audits and maintain records pertaining to contractors work for tree trimming, pole grubbing, and arborist inspections.
- Prepare required reports for State, local, and federal agencies which include work plans and maps.
- Build good relationships with the local regulatory agencies (TRPA, Forest Service, Lahonton Water, State and local Fire Agencies and State and local government agencies)
- Coordinate permitting that would be necessary for the removal or maintenance of vegetation in construction of lines or rebuilding existing lines.
- Assist in contract procurement for tree trimming, pole grubbing, intrusive pole inspections, and contract utility arborists.
- Perform customer generated tree inspections and inspections pertaining to system reliability and compliance on Liberty Utilities’ California distribution and sub - transmission system.
- Develop a contractor auditing program; maintain records and report discrepancies to the VMA
- Assist in the Management of the pole testing program which is mandated by the CPUC and needs to be coordinated to stay in compliance.
- Assist in the inspection and reporting of Clearance Exempt Tree Program to Calfire
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Abilities you bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in Utility Operations with responsibilities in line clearance vegetation management. Experience in urban forestry, forestry, botany, ecology, environmental science, or a comparable area.
- Related college degree
- Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture or a California Professional Forester’s License.
- Knowledge of California Forest Practice Rules, ANSI Z133.1 and ANSI A300 Standards, CPUC Regulation.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.0, Microsoft Excel and Access
- Valid Operator’s Driver’s License
- Ability to read technical information and data, policies, laws, guidelines, and procedures
- Passionate about customer service and safety
- Strong communicator with the ability to resolve conflict
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer