|Title:||Director, Corporate Communications|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
|Department:||Communications & Marketing|
|Zip/Postal Code:||L6J 2X1|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
What’s in it for you?
The Director of Corporate Communications role is new to Algonquin Power and Utilities (APUC). As we continue our growth and international expansion, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, create consistency, deliver effective communications campaigns, and help to nurture and build our culture. As a new role to APUC, there is a unique opportunity to create and evolve your scope and impact through the expansion of our business and the transformation of the power and utilities industry.
We need you to:
Develop and execute enterprise-wide communications strategies that support APUC’s aggressive business objectives. Working with local leaders and regional teams, you will ensure the consistent execution of our brands and communication techniques across the enterprise. You will bring our brands to life among employees, media, analysts, investors, customers, and partners while contributing to supporting our company culture and mobilizing all stakeholders behind our purpose.
Specific areas of focus:
- Introduce ideas, processes, and best practices while refining the strategic deployment of people and resources
- Develop and coach the communications team
- Direct communication and appropriate stakeholder relations while driving employee engagement
- Oversee the development and execution of communications strategies and programs across lines of business and geographies to ensure alignment with strategic focus, consistency, quality, and measurability
- Establish and ensure consistent standards and practices for internal and external communications strategies and programs within APUC that build on existing initiatives and take into account enterprise-wide practices and principles
- Serve as media counselor, coach, and strategist to senior executives
- Develop the corporate narrative for all communications platforms
- Increase company profile through executive visibility and thought leadership programs
- Lead crisis communications planning and management
Experience and abilities you bring:
- Degree in business, marketing, or related discipline
- Experience working with senior executives
- 15+ years of experience in communications
- Experience leading a communications team
- Track record of success in upholding the organizations’ values and supporting cultural change
- Results and accountability orientation with a passion to exceed ambitious goals and deliver high-quality business results
- Superior project management skills
- Outstanding creative and technical writing skills with a keen eye for design
- Demonstrated agility, entrepreneurial spirit, and resilience in the face of change
- Focus on creating an inclusive, respectful, and learning-based culture
- Thought leadership in your field and areas of expertise
- French and/or Spanish familiarity (an asset)
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
What it's like to work here? Check out www.poweryourcareer.ca
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer